It has been said that the American people are the only jury that Lee Harvey Oswald will ever have. It is our responsibility, then, to examine with utmost care and objectivity the evidence for and against him, and to reach an independent verdict.
Fair Play Issue #25, Nov.-Dec., 1998
In This Fair Play...
- The Assassination Records Review Board, after six years, no longer exists.
- The ARRB's Final Report was delivered to Congress and President Clinton at the end of September.
- ARRB Press Conference The Board chatted with the press when their report was ready. Transcript by Joseph Backes.
- ARRB Open Meetings Transcripts of the Board's August 26 Open Meeting, and its September 9 Open Meeting, both prepared by Joseph Backes, are presented here.
- The ARRB's Successes, as tallied by the Associated Press, are presented here.
- An ARRB Failure is outlined in this article by Chris Courtwright, entitled "One That Fell Through the Cracks." See also this addendum by John Kelin.
- Reports on the Final Report How the Board's work was received by the media, by John Kelin.
- Harvey and Lee: Just the Facts, Please John Armstrong focuses on the question of how the man accused of killing JFK got from the TSBD to the Texas Theater. Also, we present an introduction to John Armstrong's work.
- Kill That Myth! reminds us all of the importance of primary research. Article by Ian Griggs.
- Oswald's Closest Friend: A Review This examination of Bruce Adamson's voluminous DeMohrenschildt study is by Richard Bartholomew.
- Garrison's Case Finally Coming Together The more we know, the better Garrison's case looks. Article by Martin Shackelford.
- The Undelivered Speech November marks the 35th anniversary of JFK's death. Fair Play observes it by presenting the text of the speech he intended to deliver at the Dallas Trade Mart on November 22, 1963.
- Miscellanea, Errata, Et Cetera is a collection of stuff that didn't quite fit anywhere else.
- Updates From time to time, there is information we'd like to add, post-deadline, to Fair Play. We invite all readers to check back now and then to take a look at each of our two "Updates" files. ARRB Updates consists of press releases from the Records Review Board. Updates has various items that develop post-deadline; this file may well be empty.
- Who's Who and What's What What organizations are actively working toward resolving the JFK case? Where can you locate that hard-to-find assassination title? Fair Play presents a catalogue of the sources and resources we're aware of.
- JFK Bibliography A Fair Play listing of books relating to the Kennedy assassination.
- The ARRB On Tape Audio recordings of the Review Board meetings are now available at reduced prices. Here's info on how to get stuff.
- Reader Feedback A sampling of reader reaction to Fair Play, which first came online November 22, 1994.
- Excuses Those of us responsible for Fair Play.
- Some Interesting Links to JFK-related Web sites can be found in this file.
- Fair Play Back Issues are now available. Everything we've done (except regular features like the Bibliography) is now in one convenient archive.
Fair Play is pleased to display this badge:
* * *